I love getting the best out of other people’s writing. Editing and translation projects I work on include:
- The games The Innsmouth Case and Plan B from Outer Space (currently in development) by the Indie RobotPumpkin, as well as consultancy work for the games company Relic Entertainment
- Freelance Communications Officer at Breathe Arts Health Research, an inspiring not-for-profit social enterprise in arts and health (newsletters, delivery of website project)
- The Web Comic Tales from the Couch as translator and editor
- Peer review of journal articles and marking of student work in the academic context
- Dramaturgical/script work for theatrical productions
I can also help you with your social media and website projects. Currently I manage the social media account of the academic journal German Life and Letters.
I also have been writing articles for local and regional newspapers in Germany, both in English and German since 2002. When I moved to the UK in 2011, I started reviewing theatre for various publications such as OneStopArts and Exeunt Magazine mainly to motivate myself to not just consume but also think about the stuff I saw. In 2015, the Theatertreffen Berlin invited me to its International Forum as part of its critical festival coverage, the Theatertreffen blog. Since then I have had reviews and features published on The List and The Stage.
In Germany I have worked as Assistant Director/Dramaturg and in the UK as a producer and arts admin on various theatre productions, musicals and performing arts projects.